For Such A Time As This — Weekly Devotional

      


Hi, Controversial Readers!

      Welcome to the weekly devotional! My name is Melody Polar, and I am one of the co-authors of this blog. Today I hope to bring you encouragement in this world that has been turned upside-down.


     As teenagers, we are entering a world that is changing for the worse very quickly. It is vastly different from the world our parents grew up in. Actually, it is vastly different from the world we grew up in.


     As I have grown up, I have seen the changes. TV shows I watched when I was younger are now no longer fit for me. The bookshelves at the library that used to be filled with books I could read are now lined with books unfit for even adults to read. 


     As I have seen these changes take place, there are times I have wondered why I have been placed in this time and place. Why not live in the medieval times, when at least everyone acted chivalrously? Why not live during the early colonial era, when everyone was neighborly? 


      In other words, why did God put me here in this place and this time? Surely He has a purpose for me here.


       When I watch the news and have these questions come to mind, there are several stories in the Bible that also come to mind. But of course, there is probably only room for one such story here, so I will have to pick only one.


      The most applicable one that comes to mind is the story of Esther. Esther was a Jew placed in the palace as the queen of Persia. While she was there, the evil Hamaan plotted to kill all of the Jews in the Persian Empire. Esther’s cousin Mordecai tried to convince Esther to speak to the king on behalf of her people. Esther was scared, and did not want to go before her husband the king, but Mordecai knew that Esther had been placed in the palace for a reason. Mordecai told Esther “Who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)


     And we have also been placed in this time for a purpose. I can't tell you what your purpose is, and I can't tell you what my purpose is. But God knows why you are here. 


     Maybe you will become a writer whose words will lead people to Christ. Maybe you will be a missionary to spread the Gospel to countries that have never seen the Light. Or maybe you will just show God's love to others around you through your daily actions.


      Do not wonder if you are in the right time or place. You are! God has placed you exactly where you need to be. He will guide you through life and help you each step of the way. All you need to do is trust Him, and you can rest knowing that He knows every step you'll take.


Let's Pray:

Dear God,

I don't know what You have for me to do in this life. But I do know that You have a purpose for me. Help me not to lose focus of You in this changing world. Help me to keep Your Word in sight as I strive to follow Your Plan for me. Help me to trust You and never forget that You are working everything out for Your Glory and our good.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen


Other References:

Genesis 45:4-8

Proverbs 3:5-6

Jeremiah 29:11

Related Song:

Esther's Song by Marty & Misha Goetz


— Melody Polar❤

Comments

  1. Nice post! Yeah, I do agree that we need more good books in the world. We should pray constantly and keep our faith in God, because he has a plan for each one of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This devotional is amazing! Great job! Also does anyone know how to not comment as anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey co-author Ken here. Either you need to make an account on blogspot or when you go to type a comment it will give you an option to write your name instead if posting as anonymous. Hope that helped!

      Delete
  3. I have said before and I will say it again: GREAT JOB TALKING ABOUT SUCH A GREAT TOPIC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts