Short Story Contest!

Hi, controversial readers!

My name is Jack Cuison and I’m one of the authors for the Controversial Book Club blog! As you can tell from the title, we are hosting a short story contest this month! In this post, I’m just going to explain how it will work and attach the submission form at the bottom of the page. 🙂





So, first off, there is no theme for this month’s contest. You can write a short story about anything you want in any genre! If you check out the form below, you’ll find it’s pretty self-explanatory. Just write a one- to seven-thousand-word short story, with nothing explicit or anything. Then submit your story by Tuesday the 26th. As mentioned in the submission form, the winner of the contest will have their short story featured on the blog and will have the option to write a post as a guest author in April (if not, whoever places second will be offered this.)



So, I guess that’s all you need to know. There is no age range for this contest so you can share the form below with your little brother or your grandma. All are welcome to submit a story.



Without further ado, here is the submission form:             

        https://forms.gle/CxXuDmVhnYRZDvHQ9

(I had to attach it as a link because of the file-upload feature.)


Comments

  1. so when u say nothing explicit does that mean it can't have like violence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll let some violence slide, just not too graphic. By explicit, I'm referring to profanity and sexual content, which teens shouldn't include in their writing anyway, but I just wanted to clarify. We won't be too strict with mild violence and gore :)

      Delete
    2. k, cuz mine is going to be about a combat medic saving (and losing) people's lives in WW2, and there's going to be like guns. that's okay?

      Delete
    3. Affirmative. (I am actually obsessed with WW2-based literature and military combat ;P)

      Delete
    4. Same, WW2 is my favorite time in history. There's a reason I'm enlisting in the military as a combat medic, one of the ten most dangerous jobs in the military. You'll like my story then. :) Adios.

      Delete
  2. YOOO IM SO EXCITEDDDD i will try to enter lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at the form and the requirements set out for it—I don’t like it when my parents read my writing, but they’re always encouraging me to join competitions and get my writing out there. They will have no issues with me writing and submitting something. Do you still require them to read and consent to the story I would send in if I were to enter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not required, as long as they don't object and your story fits our requirements you're all good.

      Delete
  5. Who are the judges and is there any way I can apply to be one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since this is our (CBC) first contest, we're only having Jack and Ken as judges right now! However, next time we might consider having community judges :)

      Delete
  6. Can it be a story I have already written or does it have to be a new story that I write?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a pre-written story as long as it fits within our requirements.

      Delete
    2. As soon as I saw there was a story contest I wrote a story that tumbled out of my head, took about 2 hours in all and submitted it yesterday. It’s pretty short, but sometimes short stories are best. After all, isn’t this a short story contest??! :P
      Usually, I think of my entire story or poem and everything before I have it written down, and then I quickly type it as fast as possible before I forget it.

      Delete
  7. I’m not able to do the form thing, can I email the story back to the thing that comes when we subscribe? If that makes sense. Like when we get emails of new blog posts. Eeeeee, I’m so excited!! This is gonna be so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't use the form please email it to thecontroversialbookclub@gmail.com

      Delete
  8. pov: me rushing to write this bc i forgot abt it till today

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts