Pizza! — Daily Controversy #35

Salutations, loyal arguers!

Welcome or welcome back to this week’s controversy! My name is Abby, and I am currently a guest writer here on the controversial book club. Today’s question is one of the most controversial topics out there:

What toppings are acceptable on pizza?




Pineapple! Spinach! BBQ sauce! And…egg? There are many controversial pizza toppings out there, but today we're going to focus on just a few of the most debated ones. 


Controversial Pizza Toppings:

  • Pineapple

  • Spinach

  • BBQ sauce

  • Egg

  • Broccoli

  • Raw tomatoes

  • Olives

  • Anchovies 

  • Mushrooms

  • Shrimp

  • Chicken

  • Avocado

  • Ranch dressing

  • Corn

  • Raw onion (added on top)

  • Kale


101% Belongs on Pizza:

  • Pepperoni (always a classic)

  • Raw tomatoes (they add a nice flavor/texture, plus the little ones are really satisfying to pop in your mouth)

  • Chicken (adds variety to your basic pepperoni and sausage)

  • Pineapple (110% pineapple belongs on pizza)

  • BBQ Sauce (adds a nice spice to a classic flavor)

  • Mushrooms (not my favorite on their own, but when combined with other toppings really good)

  • Olives (add a burst of flavor when you bite into one!)

Haven’t tried but could be good:

  • Avocado (could be interesting, sorta similar to guacamole?)

  • Shrimp (I love shrimp) 

  • Broccoli (could be good but I feel like the texture would be off-putting)

  • Anchovies (would be extraordinarily salty but maybe that tastes good?)

  • Corn (honestly I have no idea what this would be like but I'm willing to give it a try)


Does not UNDER any circumstance belong on pizza:

  • Kale (way too stiff and flavorless to be on pizza)

  • Raw onion (too crunchy and spicy for my taste)

  • Egg (just…why)

  • Ranch dressing (I know some people like this but for me it just completely takes away from the original flavor of the pizza)


So, what do you think? Is pineapple acceptable on pizza? As always, post your arguments in the comments down below. I’m excited to see how these toppings get ranked!

~ Abby ♥️

Image source

Toppings list


Comments

  1. Ew, I hate pineapple 😲, so of course not. Who’s with me? 🍕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like pineapple, but it definitely doesn't belong on pizza!

      Delete
    2. finally someone who agrees. everyone i know loves pineapple on pizza, so when I'm served Hawaii pizza, I'll be gagging my way through it and hopefully am able to pick all of it off before I actually eat the rest of it.
      but then, it's sort of impossible to wipe off the pineapple juice...

      Delete
    3. Yeah, thankfully no one I know likes pineapple on pizza so I've never been forced to eat it.

      Delete
    4. Pineapple does not belong on pizza. I like it, just not on pizza

      Delete
  2. PINEAPPLE MUST STAYA ON PIZZAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! ITS SO GOOD ALSO RANCH IS AMAZING ON PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ranch but not pineapple. hehehheheheheeeee

      Delete
    2. Why would you put ranch on pizza?! It doesn't go... I'm a picky eater and only like normal things on pizza.

      Delete
    3. I'm not that picky. the only things in the world that I hate are pineapple and cocunut and this weird pink marshmellow thing that my great aunt makes at thanksgiving.

      Delete
    4. YESSSS PINEAPPLE WAS MADE FOR PIZZA!!

      Delete
    5. Pineapple and pizza do not mix!

      Delete
  3. Raw tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives do NOT belong on pizza!! >:O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. olives+mushrooms+pizza= MMmmmmmmmmmmm.

      Delete
    2. Tomatoes are great on pizza! Tomatoes are great on everything! I've eaten raw tomatoes by themselves and enjoyed them!

      Delete
    3. dude- you and me the same!

      Delete
  4. Pineapple is so so good on pizza!!! (and olives)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raw tomatoes, olives, pepperoni, olives all belong on pizza. Ranch 🤢 bbq sauce-I don’t even know why that is an option. I don’t really want chicken on my pizza. Mushrooms and olives do belong on supreme pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This conversation is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't eat a lot of pizza because I have a gluten intolerance, so I can only eat gluten free pizza which is kind of pricey. But my older sister who's on YWW make the most delicious gluten free pizza! Meat lovers' pizza with mushrooms rules!

      Delete
  7. Shrimp is probably delicious on pizza! I still have yet to try it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. guys it seems like our modern world is just trying to reinvent the good old classic pizza and turn it into something else. it just doesn't work tho

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts